Safety First! Best Practices in Environmental, Health and Safety
You will receive an email with a link to the GoToWebinar form once your registration is processed
* Registration open until 6/14/24 at 12:30 PM (EST)
This is a Free to Attend webinar for everyone.
“Safety First! Best Practices in Environmental, Health, and Safety” is the fourth and final webinar in our Operational and Manufacturing Excellence series. Beginning with an explanation of current U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) compliance and operation procedures, the webinar will discuss the evolution of environmental, social and governance (ESG) initiatives.
Study after study shows it’s possible to see a correlation between employee engagement and the reduction of injuries. Attendees will gain insight on topics such as hazardous waste, air and water emissions, process safety, personal protective equipment, emergency response, hazard communications, and more..
- Attendees will learn the importance of making safety a priority in their operations.
- The webinar will provide details regarding the mission and various requirements of EPA and OSHA.
- Attendees will gain a deeper understanding of environmental, social and governance (ESG) initiatives.
- The webinar explains the correlation between employee engagement and a safe workplace, sharing details regarding the different types of safety cultures.
- Attendees will learn about environmental, health and safety (EHS) management systems.
- Making safety a priority
- OSHA mission and requirements
- EPA mission and requirements
- Environmental, social and governance (ESG) framework and goals
- Environmental, health and safety (EHS) management systems
Who Should Attend:
Professionals in business and technical functions in the adhesive industry working for raw material producers, formulators and manufacturers will gain knowledge on asset utilization, yield/quality, waste reduction/elimination, costs and working capital. Managers, Directors, Technology managers, professionals in manufacturing and process engineering must attend this webinar.
Bob Kramer joined ChemQuest in 2022, following a 40-year career that brought wide expertise in specialty chemical manufacturing operations. He developed extensive global operational management experience in the polymer converting industry, driving enhanced business productivity and product development across diverse corporate environments.
Most recently, Bob served as president at rose plastic, where he was responsible for overall financials and operations in North America. His leadership in this position led to improved operational performance, stabilized employee turnover and morale despite the pandemic, and the creation of a new ISO 13485-certified medical production facility. Bob holds a BS degree in business administration from Robert Morris University and is a certified Six Sigma Green Belt.
Karl Davenport joined ChemQuest in 2020 following 35+ years of global experience in plant and operations management, acquisition integration, and safety consulting with leading specialty chemical producers in North America, Europe, and Asia. He has expertise in projects related to starting up production, expanding chemical/coatings manufacturing operations, consolidating operations/laboratories, and transferring manufacturing operations from one or multiple locations.
Karl’s career has included supervisory and leadership roles with companies such as Valspar and Lilly Industries, as well as the subsequent Valspar-Lilly acquisition integration. Karl holds a BS degree in polymers and coatings technology from Eastern Michigan University. nagement and the Entrepreneurship and Innovation Course at IESE Business School, University of Navarra.