6/20/2017 to 6/21/2017
June 20-21, 2017
Hyatt Regency Baltimore
(301) 986-9700 x106
« Go to Upcoming Event List
Adhesives are everywhere and continue to replace mechanical fasteners in diverse applications from medical to aerospace. Efficiently developing, specifying, or utilizing adhesives requires a solid understanding of the behavior of both the adhesive and the bonded assembly, under varying conditions of temperature, stress and time. This insight is derived by the study of structure/property relationships via characterization techniques to measure the surface, bulk and bonded properties over the lifetime of the product.
This course will provide the background in universal adhesive and adhesion testing protocol for the determination of chemical composition, molecular architecture, mechanical, thermal and rheological properties as well as technology specific test methods for PSA, Reactive, waterborne and sealants from experts in the field.
This course is ideal for technical professionals involved with selecting, formulating and/or implementing adhesive technologies.
Participants will have the added benefit of valuable networking with the expert presenters as well as new and experienced attendees in various roles and organizations.
Program Schedule (tentative):
Tuesday, June 20th:
- Introduction to Adhesives & Adhesion - David Speth, Research Chemist, Evans Adhesives Corporation
- Surface Science - MichaeleenPacholski, Research Scientist, Dow Chemical Company
- Spectroscopy Techniques - Speaker TBD
- Thermal Properties - Joseph Marcinko, President & Principal Scientist, Polymer Synergies, LLC
- Mechanical Properties - Speaker TBD
- Rheology - Speaker TBD
- Pressure Sensitive Adhesives - Speaker TBD
- Polyurethanes - Joseph Marcinko, President & Principal Scientist, Polymer Synergies, LLC
Wednesday, June 21st:
- Waterborne Technology - Audrey Liss, Application Chemist, Dow Chemical Company
- Caulks and Sealants - Speaker TBD
- Durability - Speaker TBD
- Regulatory - Mark Collatz, Director, Regulatory Affairs, Adhesive & Sealant Council
- Group Discussion & Wrap Up
Hyatt Regency Baltimore on the Inner Harbor
300 Light Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
Phone: (410) 528-1234
Reserve Your Room at the group rate.
ASC Discounted Group Rate:
*additional charges will apply for more than two persons per room
The group rate is available until 5:00 p.m. ET on May 16, 2017. Reserve your room as soon as possible as the group rate will not be available if the ASC room block sells out prior to the deadline. Reservation requests received after May 16th will be charged standard rates as rooms are available.
If you call the hotel directly, be sure to mention that you are attending the ASC Testing Short Course.
ASC kindly asks that you only reserve the number of rooms you need, so other attendees will not be turned away because the ASC hotel room block is full. We appreciate your consideration.
ASC Member/End-User: $599