The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) recently announced its request for nominations for its 2016 Presidential Green Chemistry Challenge Awards for companies or institutions that have developed a process or product that better protects public health and the environment.
The EPA is sponsoring the Presidential Green Chemistry Challenge Awards in partnership with the American Chemical Society Green Chemistry Institute® and together with members of the chemical community including industry, trade associations, and academic institutions.
Awards will be given in the following six categories and nominations are due to the EPA by December 31, 2015:
- Focus Area 1: Greener Synthetic Pathways
- Focus Area 2: Greener Reaction Conditions
- Focus Area 3: Greener Chemical Products
- Small Business (for a technology in any of the three focus areas above developed by a small business)
- Specific Environmental Benefit: Climate Change (for a technology in any of the three focus areas above that reduces greenhouse gas emissions)
Visit the EPA's website to access more information on this year's challenge and HERE to download the Nomination Package Information Booklet.