(301) 986-9700 ext. 111
ASC LAUNCHES MEMBERSHIP ENGAGEMENT PLATFORM
Revamped www.ascouncil.org Provides Direct Program Access
June 18, 2015 – Bethesda, MD –The Adhesive and Sealant Council (ASC) recently revamped its primary member program access point, www.ascouncil.org, to deliver a stronger member engagement platform. The new site is live.
The new site now offers multiple enhancements and new features to include:
- A responsive layout that is optimized for tablets, smartphones, and PCs.
- Online ordering in real time. Now, when users purchase ASC Store items such as market reports, past proceedings, on-demand Training Academy webinars, etc., they will get an order confirmation in their inbox immediately with a link to download their purchase.
- Online annual dues renewal for existing members and dues subscriptions for new members.
- Improved e-communications access whereby users can select exactly which outbound communications they would like to receive to stay connected to ASC programs and services.
- An easier authentication system with improved “Forgot Password” or “Forgot Username” functionality.
- Streamlined event registration.
The new site also allows members to connect to downstream buyers via an enhanced Vendor Select Tool that is being revamped and updated, and will be unveiled and available for members to populate beginning in July.
The new Vendor Select tool, while accessible to and widely used by the entire adhesive & sealant industry, will offer only members the opportunity to:
- Provide detailed information on their company, its products, and its management.
- Provide direct connections to product engineers, customer service contacts or technical assistance professionals.
- Share Safety Data Sheets (SDS) and other pertinent information regarding products.
- Share press releases and provide communications information directly to the adhesive and sealant community related to items such as new product launches, plant openings, M&A and partnerships.
- Post videos, photos, etc. for the community to interact with and view.
- Link to company social media accounts to grow a social presence.
- AND MUCH MORE!
“The new www.ascouncil.org is truly a place for members to connect across the supply chain via a robust online portal. We are shifting more of the control to our members, allowing them to establish their e-presence, while providing goods and services quickly and seamlessly,” notes Matthew E. Croson, President, ASC. “We continue our focus on delivering value. Perhaps the best example of this will be the enhanced Vendor Select Tool, which will allow companies to create their own microsites via www.ascouncil.org. The Vendor Select Tool will no longer be a ‘name and address tool’ as in years’ past. Full corporate, product and team communications can be shared via the portal, which gives members a new way to connect with the supply chain to include downstream users.”
From ASC’s perspective, the new platform streamlines communications, order and data entry and fulfillment, database maintenance and accounting. In the past, the Council relied on several third-party vendors to provide a la carte services that would need to be linked together, often imperfectly. Now, ASC has done away with all that, as well as substantial licensing, connectivity fees and upgrade costs. Our new software tool is a true one-stop shop for staff and members alike.
“ASC is pleased to deliver this tool to our members and to the industry at large. Innovators secure the future with adhesives and sealants and we want to provide the best resources possible to allow the supply chain to connect and innovate as they move our world forward,” notes Croson. “The effort doubles in value as the program also lowers cost and management time for ASC staff, which is a win-win for the Council and its members.”
The Adhesive and Sealant Council (ASC) is a North American trade association dedicated to representing the $40 billion global adhesive and sealant industry. The Council is comprised of 131 adhesive and sealant manufacturers, raw material and equipment suppliers, representing 75% of the U.S. industry. “Innovators secure the future with adhesives and sealants” is the vision of ASC, and the Council produces programs that support five strategic objectives covering Career Education, Community Knowledge Integration, Innovation, Unified Industry Voice and Accelerate Growth. Information on ASC can be found at www.ascouncil.org. Industry solutions and news can be found at www.adhesives.org or www.sealants.org.