ASC ANNOUNCES TRAINING ACADEMY SCHEDULE FOR 2014
Council Expands Basics Training to Include 14 New Courses in 2014; to Join 14 On-Demand Titles Now Available
Bethesda, MD – December 12, 2013 – The Adhesive and Sealant Council (ASC) today announces its Training Academy schedule for 2014 which will include 14 new program titles that includes a blend of 101/201 training, business trends webinars and value-added regulatory topics.
The Training Academy will begin its third year by investing in new content and offering new value via business trends and strategic driver oriented education.
The ASC Training Academy Schedule for 2014 is as follows:
- Sealants 101 – February 12
- Adhesives 101 – Parts 1 and 2 – March 12 and 19
- PSA in North America Market Report – TBD Q2 (Free)
- ASC Regulatory Review – Q2 (Members Only – Free)
- Adhesives 201 – Waterborne Formulating – May 14
- Adhesives 201 – Hot Melt Formulating – May 21
- Mergers and Acquisitions Outlook – June 11
- Packaging Trends and Adhesives – July 16
- Central and South American Market Report – TBD Q2/Q3 (Free)
- Key Feedstock Trends – August 13
- Adhesives 201 Packaging Focus
- Part 1 Market and Applications –September 17
- Part 2 Formulation and Evaluation – September 24
- ASC Regulatory Review – Q4 – (Members Only – Free)
- Unmet Adhesives Needs in the Chevy Corvette – November 13
- Adhesives 201 – Structural Adhesives – December 10
“The 2014 Training Academy schedule includes a solid line up of training that focuses on stronger technical programming featuring several 201level training that will provide more depth to support the needs of bench chemists and engineers,” notes Matthew E. Croson, President of ASC. “It will also include more general business trends sessions that are supportive of our market oriented technical teams, and even a few sessions that will be free to members only, including two regulatory focus webinars and overviews of the Council’s new market reports on Latin America and PSA in North America.”
The Training Academy was started in 2012 by the ASC Board of Directors as a way to train new employees, or new to industry professionals, on the basics of the industry’s chemistries and business dynamics. In the first two years, the Training Academy has delivered training to approximately 700 adhesive and sealant professionals, including members and non-members, making it one of the most successful new programs developed by the Council. With the new programming developed for 2014, the Council is continuing to invest in this program to deliver even stronger technical content, including its first Sealants 101 course, and four new 201 level courses designed for technical team members.
“ASC’s Training Academy is designed to keep any industry professional up to speed on the technical side of the business, while also keeping mind the market dynamics that drive innovation,” adds Croson. “The 14 new titles join the 14 existing programs sessions, making the ASC Training Academy one of the more powerful, moderately priced training programs available to members and the industry at large.”
The Training Academy On-Demand program was launched last week and includes the following titles:
- Adhesives 101 part 1
- Adhesives 101 part 2
- Additives 101
- Adhesives and Sealants in Assembly Operations 101
- Adhesives and Sealants in Building and Construction 101
- Environmental Product Declaration 101
- Global Trends in MDI/TDI
- The Business of Green Chemistry (Available in January)
- Adhesives in Packaging 101
- The Perils of Green Advocacy
- Rheology 101
- Technology Types 101 part 1
- Technology Types 101 part 2
- Testing 101
Information on how to access the Training Academy can be found at www.ascouncil.org, www.adhesives.org or www.sealants.org.
The Adhesive and Sealant Council (ASC) is a North American trade association dedicated to representing the adhesive and sealant industry. The Council is comprised of 129 adhesive and sealant manufacturers, raw material and equipment suppliers, distributors and industry consultants, representing more than 75% of the U.S. industry with operations around the world. Offering education, legislative advocacy, professional networking and business growth solutions for its members, the ASC is the center of knowledge and catalyst for industry growth on a global basis for manufacturers, suppliers and end-users. For more information about ASC, visit www.ascouncil.org.